Buy disability insurance Buy disability insurance ******* Tips for buying disability insurance June 25, 2013 / 7:00 AM / MoneyWatch (MoneyWatch) A few days ago I wrote about why disability insurance can be more important than life insurance. Disability, I said, impacts your ability to earn an income at a time when your medical expenses can increase considerably. I also commented on why more people buy life insurance than buy disability insurance (about 70 percent versus 40 percent.) I suspect most people look at disability as something that may never happen to them. Death is a certainty for everyone, but disability is not. Perhaps disability or income insurance is just another insurance need competing for a limited financial budget. The cost, which can vary with age and the amount of coverage, can range from a few hundred dollars to several thousand dollars a year. Here are a few things to think about if you’re contemplating a disability policy: Individuals no longer workin...
Comments
Post a Comment